Police investigate string of west Suffolk burglaries
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested following a string of burglaries in villages in west Suffolk on Monday, April 20.
The first two break-ins took place between 8am and 3.45pm at a property in Great Whelnetham and Felsham Road in Bradfield St George between 12pm and 12.30pm.
Nothing was stolen during either of the incidents, after burglars were believed to have been disturbed by intruder alarms.
A third burglary took place between 10.50am and 1.10pm the same day at an address in Rattlesden Road, Drinkstone.
A window was forced open and several items of jewellery were stolen.
You may also want to watch:
On Wednesday, officers arrested a 30-year-old man from Cambridge on suspicion of burglary.
He was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning, before being bailed to return on Monday, June 1 while enquiries continue.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 4 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 5 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 8 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 9 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
During the investigation, police searched a car in which a duvet cover and table cloth were found, which were believed to have been stolen during other burglaries.
Officers are appealing for anyone who believe the items may belong to them to come forward.
Anyone with information should contact police in Bury St Edmunds on 101, quoting ST/15/1214.