Police investigating after 11-year-old boy was approached by man who tried to tempt him into vehicle near St Benedicts School in Colchester
- Credit: nick strugnell
Police are investigating after an 11-year-old boy in Colchester was alleged to have been approached by a man who tried to encourage the boy into a vehicle.
The 11-year-old was walking to St Benedicts School along Magazine Farm Way at around 8.50am on Tuesday, February 3 when he was alleged to have been approached by the man.
The boy ran away and reported the incident to teachers at the school.
Specially trained officers are working with the boy, his family and the school to determine what happened.
The man is described as being white, with pale skin, fairly tall of medium build and around middle-age, wearing a black woolly hat with his mouth covered.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicle is described as a black van with blacked out windows.
Anyone with information should contact Essex Police on 101, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 10 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket