Police investigating blaze at Exning Primary School arrest another teenage girl
- Credit: Archant
A second teenage girl has been arrested in connection with a fire at a school in west Suffolk.
Emergency services were called around 12.50am on Friday morning after the fire, believed to have been started in a shed adjacent to Exning Primary School, spread to the main building.
After the arrest of a 16-year-old girl on Saturday on suspicion of arson police have arrested a 17-year-old girl this afternoon, also on suspicion of arson.
She has been taken to the Bury St Edmunds police investigation centre where she will be interviewed by officers in connection with the blaze at the school in Oxford Street, Exning.
The 16-year-old girl has been bailed to return to police on September 18 to allow further enquiries to be carried out.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity in the area, or who has any information about the fire, is asked to contact Bury St Edmunds CID on 101 quoting reference NE/15/1501.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 6 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan