Police investigation continues after five-vehicle crash on A140, Stoke Ash
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
Eight motorists have been injured after a five-vehicle crash involving a tractor in Stoke Ash.
Police officers were called to the A140 on Saturday, near the White Horse Inn pub, shortly before 9.30pm.
A yellow tractor pulling an empty trailer collided with four cars, with one of the cars, a grey Volkswagen Golf, then colliding with a tree.
The man driving the tractor suffered a puncture wound to his back and some bruising , while the female passenger also sustained some bruising.
The man driving the grey Golf suffered a fractured collar bone and whiplash, with the female passenger sustaining serious injuries including a fractured femur, head injury and abdominal injury.
Shew as taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, where she remains in a serious condition.
A man driving a black Audi A7, a woman driving a silver Mini Cooper and a woman driving a grey Honda Civic all suffered minor injuries along with passengers in the vehicles.
- 1 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 2 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 3 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 4 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 5 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Swans prepare 'six-figure bid' for Fraser
- 7 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 8 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 9 'We want him to be effective' - McKenna on Celina
- 10 Hot ticket for what could be a big night... AFC Wimbledon v Ipswich
The road was closed while an investigation took place, and was re-opened around 9am on Sunday.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision to contact PC John Clarke at Suffolk police on 101, quoting CAD 436 of 29/08/15.