Police issue warning after distraction theft in Stowmarket Asda car park
Police have issued a warning over distraction thefts after a woman had her purse stolen from Asda car park in Stowmarket.
At around 12.10pm on Tuesday, a woman left her handbag on the seat of her car, a blue Renault Clio, which was parked in the supermarket car park while she filled her boot with shopping.
As she was returning the trolley to the trolley bay, a man approached her and asked for directions.
When the woman got home, she realised her purse had been taken from handbag, and later discovered that £300 had been withdrawn from her account using a card from the stolen purse.
It is believed the offender had an accomplice who removed the purse while the victim was being distracted at the trolley bay.
The suspect is described as male and aged in his 50s.
Suffolk police are reminding members of the public to never leave bags unattended or their car unlocked, even for only a short time.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 3 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 4 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 5 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 6 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 7 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 10 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
Anyone who has any information about this incident should contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting CAD 371 of August 29.