Police launch murder investigation after 27-year-old dies following Chelmsford disturbance
Police have launched a murder investigation after a 27-year-old man died following a stabbing in Chelmsford last night.
Officers were called around 6.45pm to Baddow Road, following reports of a disturbance at the junction with Longfields Road.
Around 10 minutes later, a group of men flagged down an ambulance in Broomfield Road, to help a 27-year-old victim who was with them, who had suffered serious injuries.
He is believed to have been stabbed during the altercation in Baddow Road.
Paramedics took the man to Broomfield Hospital, where he died from his injuries.
Investigating officers had closed a section of Baddow Road last night until 3am this morning, to carry out forensic examinations.
Detective Inspector Danny Stoten of the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, said: “This happened in a residential area in the early evening during rush hour, so it would have been busy.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 4 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 8 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 9 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 10 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
“I am appealing for witnesses or anyone with information who has yet to speak to police to come forward.”
Anyone who witnessed the altercation or has any relevant information, should contact police on 101, or email email@example.com.
Alternatively, information can be reported anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.