Cyclist killed in crash at Sutton is named as 48-year-old Richard ‘Ricky’ Tapp
- Credit: Archant
A man who died following a crash in Sutton this week has been named as 48-year-old Richard ‘Ricky’ Tapp from Melton.
Police were called to the scene of the crash on the B1083 between Heath Road and All Saints Church at around 5.45pm on Monday, January 7.
A police spokesman said the collision involved a cyclist and a red Honda CRV.
He said: “Richard ‘Ricky’ Tapp, aged 48 and from Melton, was the cyclist involved and sadly died at the scene.”
Ambulance and fire crews also attended the scene of the crash on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
Police officers remained on site until around 1.20am on Tuesday morning to complete a collision investigation.
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 quoting reference CAD 315 of January 7.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 6 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 10 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout