Police officers find wrap of class A drugs in Clacton man’s mouth after ‘struggle’
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after a quantity of wrapped class A drugs were found hidden in his mouth by police in Essex.
The arrest happened as part of an Essex Police operation to tackle drug dealing and gang crime in the north of the county.
The man, aged 22 from Clacton, was arrested at 2.30pm on Thursday in Flatford Drive on suspicion of possession with intent to supply.
A spokeswoman for Essex Police said officers removed the drugs from his mouth “following a struggle”.
A further search of his house found other substances, also believed to be drugs.
You may also want to watch:
The man was also arrested on suspicion of driving without insurance or a licence.
He has been released on police bail until May 18.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 6 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 7 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 8 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 9 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 10 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire