Man sprayed with ‘unknown liquid’ during raid on his home
- Credit: Archant
A man has been sprayed with an ‘unknown liquid’ during a terrifying late night assault in his home in St Osyth.
The break-in happened at around 1.30am on Friday, July 5 when a man in his 30s was attacked in his home in Seawick Road.
According to a spokesman for Essex Police, the victim's home was broken into by three men who then sprayed the man with an 'unknown liquid', which police say is not believed to be corrosive.
Officers say nothing was taken during the raid.
A spokesman added: "We do not believe there is any wider risk to the public at this time, but we would ask for anyone with information about this incident to come forward."
You may also want to watch:
The three male suspects left the scene of the break-in on foot.
Two of them are described as black, with one being of slim build and around 6ft tall wearing a dark tracksuit.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 2 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 5 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 6 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 7 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 8 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 10 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win
The other was around 6ft 2ins tall and of stocky build.
The third suspect was described as white, of a slim build and around 5ft 10ins tall.
He was wearing a dark blue tracksuit with the hood up.
Anyone with information is asked to call Essex Police on 101 quoting the crime reference number 42/105578/19.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or submit information through their website.