Police probe rape of teenage girl
POLICE said tonight they were investigating the alleged rape of a teenage girl in Newmarket.
POLICE said tonight they were investigating an alleged rape on a teenage girl in Newmarket.
The 16-year-old approached police officers in the town at 2.25am this morning and claimed two men had attacked her in an alleyway alongside King's Theatre in Fitzroy Street.
Officers cordoned off the area and are examining CCTV footage.
Suffolk police said the two men were described as white, in their late teens to early 20s and with dark hair.
A force spokeswoman said anyone who was in the area between the hours of 1.30am and 3.30am this morning should come forward, regardless whether they have information on the alleged attack.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 5 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 8 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143