Police probe three deaths
DETECTIVES were today investigating the deaths of a boy, a man and a woman after finding a vehicle abandoned on a river bridge.Police said the bodies of the young boy and the man were found in the River Orwell, Ipswich, Suffolk, shortly before 4am.
DETECTIVES were today investigating the deaths of a boy, a man and a woman after finding a vehicle abandoned on a river bridge.
Police said the bodies of the young boy and the man were found in the River Orwell, Ipswich, Suffolk, shortly before 4am.
A short while later the body of a woman who had suffered fatal stab wounds was found at an address in Ipswich.
A police spokeswoman said officers had launched a murder inquiry and post mortem examinations were being carried out.
You may also want to watch:
She said a second young boy was found alive at the address in Ipswich and was being cared for by relatives.
The police spokeswoman said officers were alerted at 3:45am when they received a call reporting an abandoned vehicle on the Orwell river bridge, Ipswich.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 6 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 9 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour
- 10 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
She said police and coastguards then began a search of the area around the bridge and the river.
"The body of a young boy was found in the River Orwell," she said. "A short while later the body of a man was also found.'
She said police then visited the address of the registered owner of the abandoned vehicle and added: "There police discovered the body of a woman who had received fatal stab wounds.
"A boy was found alive in the house and is currently being cared for by friends of the family.'
Police have yet to name any of the victims.
The spokeswoman said the coroner had been informed.
A police spokesman said the investigation was being led by a detective superintendent.
The spokesman would not say whether the dead child, man and woman were related.
He said it was unlikely that the three dead people would be named tonight because police were in the process of contacting relatives.
Post mortem examination results would probably not be available until tomorrow.