Police pursuit after careless driving in Braintree
- Credit: Archant
A car which “dangerously” overtook a number of vehicles in Braintree was chased by police today.
Essex Police are now appealing for witnesses or anyone with any dashcam footage to get in touch after the incident near The Street in Rayne on Saturday afternoon.
The force said in a statement: “We are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed a traffic incident in Braintree earlier today (Saturday, February 24), to come forward.
“An officer was parked in the layby near The Street, Rayne, at around 1.15pm today, when he saw a silver Mondeo perform a dangerous overtake past several vehicles.
“An oncoming vehicle heading towards Braintree was forced to brake very sharply, and so the officer pursued the car and the driver has been reported for careless driving.”
You may also want to watch:
To support enquiries, anyone who saw the incident and/or who may have dash cam footage, is asked to contact Pc Matt Chilvers at Stanway Roads Policing, by calling 101.
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 3 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 Judge won't play for Ipswich again this season as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 7 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 10 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first