Police seek information after a man falls from a shopping parade roof in Clacton
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2012
Police are appealing for witnesses following an incident in which a man was injured in Clacton.
The 34-year-old was reported to have been involved in a verbal confrontation with a group of around six or seven youths in Jackson Road, around 8pm yesterday.
He ran off and is believed to have been followed by the group.
He ran into an alleyway and onto the roofs of a shopping parade, before falling from a height.
He was taken to hospital with multiple injuries.
He remains in Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, in a critical but stable condition.
Detective Sergeant Richard Edwards, of Clacton CID, said: “It is unclear how the man came to fall from the roof.
- 1 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 2 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 3 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 6 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 7 Battle of the caretakers, good omens and McGreal's possible rejig... Charlton v Ipswich
- 8 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 9 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 10 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk ahead of Storm Barra's arrival
“We are appealing for witnesses who saw this group of girls and boys, who were described as being aged in their teens or early 20s.
“We also want to hear from anyone who saw what happened.”
Police are investigating whether the incident is linked to an earlier disturbance involving a large group of people in Pier Avenue, which was reported to police around 5pm yesterday.
A 38-year-old woman from Clacton was subsequently arrested on suspicion of public order offences and released under investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Clacton CID on 101 or to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Alternatively, visit crimestoppers-uk.org.