Elderly man assaulted on bus at Guineas Shopping Centre
- Credit: Archant
Police have released an image of a man they would like to speak to in connection with an assault in Newmarket.
The incident happened at around 10.40am on Friday, February 23 and took place on the Number 11 bus as it pulled into the Guineas Shopping Centre.
The victim – a man in his 70s from Bury St Edmunds – was assaulted by another man who punched him on the chin.
The pair had boarded the bus at Bury St Edmunds bus station, where they had been involved in a verbal disagreement.
The victim did not sustain any injuries as a result of the attack.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to speak to the man pictured in the image about this incident. He is described as white, 5ft 11in tall, of medium build and balding. He was wearing a padded coat, dark green cords and was carrying a green cloth carrier bag.
Anyone who recognises this man is asked to contact the Bury St Edmunds Neighbourhood Response Team on 101 quoting reference 10452/18, or alternatively contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 4 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 5 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 6 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 9 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 10 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub