Cocaine worth £250,000 seized in Suffolk village after police undercover operation
A man has been charged after two kilograms of cocaine, cash and a Range Rover were seized following an undercover police operation in a Suffolk village.
Suffolk police officers from the cyber, intelligence and serious organised crime directorate, along with uniformed colleagues, arrested two men at Flowton, near Somersham on Wednesday.
A 54-year-old man and a 33-year-old man were both arrested and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
A further related search at an address in Harwich yesterday resulted in the arrest of a 58-year-old man and a 61-year-old woman.
A further two kilograms of cannabis and a quantity of white powder, yet to be identified, were then seized.
You may also want to watch:
Christopher Southart, 33, of Valley Road, Harwich, appeared before magistrates in Ipswich today charged with possession of drugs with intent to supply.
Wayne Ablett, prosecuting, said it was a "significant operation" and the cocaine had a street value of around £200,000 to £250,000.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 9 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
David Allan, defending, did not make an application for bail.
Southart did not enter a plea and was remanded in custody.
He is due to appear at Ipswich Crown Court for a plea and trial preparation hearing on October 11.
The two men, aged 58 and 54, and the 61-year-old woman have been released under investigation pending further enquiries.