Policeman breached standards during off-duty incident at Ipswich nightclub
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk police officer has been handed a final written warning following his involvement in an incident at an Ipswich nightclub.
James Gardner was off duty when the incident took place in March.
A misconduct hearing was held into allegations the police constable had breached standards of professional behaviour in the areas of discreditable conduct; authority, respect and courtesy; and honesty and integrity.
The allegations related to an off duty incident on the night of Saturday, March 4, involving a disturbance at a nightclub in Ipswich.
The misconduct hearing was chaired by Monica Daley-Thompson at Suffolk Constabulary headquarters, Martlesham Heath, in December.
You may also want to watch:
The officer was found to have breached the standards of professional behaviour and was issued with a final written warning. He now has the right to take the case to a Police Appeals Tribunal.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 8 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 9 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 10 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth