Policeman breached standards during off-duty incident at Ipswich nightclub
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk police officer has been handed a final written warning following his involvement in an incident at an Ipswich nightclub.
James Gardner was off duty when the incident took place in March.
A misconduct hearing was held into allegations the police constable had breached standards of professional behaviour in the areas of discreditable conduct; authority, respect and courtesy; and honesty and integrity.
The allegations related to an off duty incident on the night of Saturday, March 4, involving a disturbance at a nightclub in Ipswich.
The misconduct hearing was chaired by Monica Daley-Thompson at Suffolk Constabulary headquarters, Martlesham Heath, in December.
You may also want to watch:
The officer was found to have breached the standards of professional behaviour and was issued with a final written warning. He now has the right to take the case to a Police Appeals Tribunal.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 4 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 5 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 6 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 9 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
- 10 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k