Poll: Spotlight on new social housing in Aldeburgh
RESIDENTS in one of Suffolk’s most prestigious seaside towns can today find out if they are eligible for a new home.
Flagship housing and Suffolk Coastal District Council are hosting an “express an interest” event in Aldeburgh for a new development in Springfield Road.
Built by contractor DCH Construction Limited, the �600,800 scheme comprises four two-bedroom houses and one three-bedroom house, all for social rent.
A reinvestment project from the sale of Elizabeth Court has funded the development, which is on the site of a former garage.
The homes are expected to be completed by the end of January and eligibility will include a local connection to Aldeburgh.
You may also want to watch:
The “express an interest” event is happening from 3pm to 6pm today at the Fairfield Centre in Fairfield Road.
Visitors will be able to see plans and layouts of the new homes and seek advice from a representative of the Gateway to Homechoice-based lettings scheme.
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 3 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 4 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 5 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 6 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 7 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 10 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
Peter Lakey, chair of Flagship, said: “This development will provide affordable housing for local people – contributing to the sustainability of a broad-based community in Aldeburgh.”