Poll: Spotlight on new social housing in Aldeburgh
RESIDENTS in one of Suffolk’s most prestigious seaside towns can today find out if they are eligible for a new home.
Flagship housing and Suffolk Coastal District Council are hosting an “express an interest” event in Aldeburgh for a new development in Springfield Road.
Built by contractor DCH Construction Limited, the �600,800 scheme comprises four two-bedroom houses and one three-bedroom house, all for social rent.
A reinvestment project from the sale of Elizabeth Court has funded the development, which is on the site of a former garage.
The homes are expected to be completed by the end of January and eligibility will include a local connection to Aldeburgh.
The “express an interest” event is happening from 3pm to 6pm today at the Fairfield Centre in Fairfield Road.
Visitors will be able to see plans and layouts of the new homes and seek advice from a representative of the Gateway to Homechoice-based lettings scheme.
- 1 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 2 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 3 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 4 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 5 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 6 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 7 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 8 Ashton on whether a new boss is lined up, the type of manager he's searching for, possible reunions and Town's timeframe for an appointment
- 9 Morsy on 'shock' of Cook sacking and McGreal's message
- 10 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia
Peter Lakey, chair of Flagship, said: “This development will provide affordable housing for local people – contributing to the sustainability of a broad-based community in Aldeburgh.”