Poll: Tell us your views on Ipswich Town and their chances of success ahead of the new Championship season
- Credit: Archant
With Ipswich Town getting their new season underway on Saturday, we are asking the fans what they think ahead of the new campaign.
Super Blues boss Mick McCarthy rescued Town from the depths of Championship despair last season, guiding the Blues to 14th position.
That strong finish, followed by the arrival of 10 signings this summer, has generated a wave of optimism heading into the new campaign.
A clash away to Premier League drop-outs Reading is the prospect facing McCarthy’s side on Saturday.
Blues fans quickly snapped up their original allocation of 1,700 tickets at the Madejski Stadium, with an extended allocation of 500 also soon gobbled up. The Royals – relegated from the Premier League last season – then agreed to move a number of home fans to accommodate the continued demand from Ipswich.
A further 500 tickets, immediately next to the area that Town had originally sold out, were put up for sale at 2pm yesterday with 200 sold by 6pm.
It means the travelling support will number 2,700. That figure eclipses the 2,572 that travelled to Newcastle in 2010, becoming Town’s largest away following in the league since 4,310 attended a 1-1 draw at Reading in January 2005.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 4 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 5 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 6 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 7 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
- 8 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 9 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 10 Villages shock as seven Suffolk postboxes stolen in 10 days
But are hopes higher than ever of a return to the top-flight? What are your thoughts ahead of the new season?
Let us know by answering our polls and commenting below.