Swimming pool in Sudbury closes due to swimmer ‘pooping’ in the water
- Credit: Archant
The swimming pool at Kingfisher Leisure Centre in Sudbury has closed due to a swimmer accidentally ‘pooping’ in the water.
A post on the leisure centre’s Facebook page advised those swimming today, between 3.40pm and 4pm, to shower thoroughly.
The pool is set to reopen at 6.30am on Thursday, August 16.
“Our swimming pool is currently closed to the public due to an unknown swimmer accidentally “pooping” in the water,” the post reads.
“To ensure bather safety we will now follow the guidance issued by the Health and Safety Executive 179 Managing Health and Safety in Swimming Pools.
You may also want to watch:
“This will mean that we will be closed until 6:30am on Thursday 16th August.
“If you were swimming with us today between 3:40pm and 4:00pm it is recommended that you shower thoroughly if you have not already done so.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 6 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 7 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
“Please note that Environmental Health have been notified of this incident.”