Pop star Pink is coming to Town
The Super Blues are going pop crazy with Pink, it can be revealed today.
IPSWICH TOWN's Super Blues are going pop crazy with Pink, it can be revealed today.
For the singing superstar is to usher in a new concert era on the hallowed turf of Ipswich Town - in one of only six arena performances across the UK next year as part of the performer's Funhouse Carnival Tour.
The superstar will visit Ipswich in June in a show which is certain to attract thousands of fans from around London and the East.
Up to 25,000 fans will pack the stadium to see the multimillion record selling bad girl of pop.
You may also want to watch:
Portman Road last hosted a concert in the summer of 2007 when the Red Hot Chilli Peppers came to town. In previous years, Elton John, Neil Diamond and REM have all graced the stage.
The show will again test the expertise of head groundsman Alan Ferguson - plastic matting will protect the turf which itself will be put into a chemical deep-sleep until it re-surfaces.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
The 30-year-old rock chick has in the past been on the road with Lenny Kravitz, Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake, but this will be her fifth solo tour.
In that time she has sold more than 30 million albums worldwide and stunned millions of fans with her unique brand of scintillating live performance.
Currently completing the last few legs of her record-breaking worldwide Funhouse Tour, Pink announced via Twitter that she would be returning in 2010 and that Portman Road would be a venue for her Funhouse Summer Carnival Tour.
Fans can expect to see the ground transformed into a carnival-style set with what promoters promise will be visually stunning new production, with special support acts still to be announced.
Pink's cross-country tour will kick-off on Saturday June 12 at Bolton's Reebok Stadium, before visiting Swansea, Coventry, Glasgow, Alton Towers and culminating with a spectacular finale in Ipswich on Tuesday, June 29.
Tickets for Pink's Funhouse Summer Carnival Tour will go on sale at 10am on Monday and are available for �45 from these 24 hour credit card hotlines: 0844 847 2450, 0871 230 1080, 0844 338 8000
You can also get tickets online at the following websites: ticketmaster.co.uk, seetickets.com, theticketfactory.com
Tickets are not available from Portman Road.
Pink has sold more than 30 million records worldwide, topping the album and singles charts here and in her home country. She has even appeared in several Hollywood movies including Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle.
- Real name: Alecia Beth Moore
- Born: September 8, 1979, in Doylestown, Pennsylvania
- Honours: Five MTV Video Music Awards, two Grammies, one Brit Award for Best International Female