Annual Festival of Beer and Brewing returns to Stowmarket
- Credit: Archant
A popular beer and brewing festival – set within a stunning 13th-century barn – is returning to Stowmarket.
The Museum of East Anglian Life in the town is hosting the 22nd Festival of Beer and Brewing from Thursday, July 5, until Saturday, July 7.
With more than 100 ales and ciders, the festival attracts visitors from all over East Anglia every year, and is run in association with CAMRA – the Campaign for Real Ale.
Live music will take place during the evenings from The Blaggers, Back Porch and Chuck Will’s Widow, and there is a range of food also available.
Chloe Brett, marketing officer at the museum, said: “We have another superb list of beers, curated by CAMRA members to ensure a wide selection to suit all tastes.
You may also want to watch:
“The beer festival is a firm favourite for the local community and beyond, the event has a great atmosphere, with live music, food and drink. It’s not one to be missed.”
Admission is £3 on Thursday (all day), Friday and Saturday (until 4.30pm) and £4 on Friday and Saturday evenings (4.30pm-11pm or included in standard museum admission during the day).
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 7 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 8 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 9 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 10 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
CAMRA members get free entry with a valid membership card.