Post mortem due to take place on unexplained death
A POLICE cordon remains outside a flat in west Suffolk where the body of a man was discovered yesterday.
The body of the man - believed to be in his 40s - was found after police gained entry to the property in the Babergh owned block of flats in Blackfriars, Sudbury, just after 10.30am.
A police spokesman said the death was still being treated as unexplained and they were appealing for information from the public.
A post mortem is due to take place this afternoon.
Police were alerted on Saturday morning following a call from a woman who was concerned for the safety of her neighbour.
You may also want to watch:
The police spokesman said: “The cordon remains in place while officers carry out further inquiries. The man’s next of kin have been informed.”
One neighbour, who did not want to be named, said yesterday: “I got home at midday and the road had been cordoned off but no-one knows what is happening. There is a forensic team outside but that’s all we can tell.”
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
Police want to hear from anyone who was in the area between 9pm on Friday night and 10.30am on Saturday or may have seen anything suspicious to call them at Bury St Edmunds CID on 01473 613500.