If you like it then you can put a £1 ‘bling ring’ on it
- Credit: The Poundland 'Bling Ring' range includes gold and silver rings with red or blue stones. Picture: SOPHIE BARNETT
If you’re planning to pop the question this Valentine’s Day but are strapped for cash Poundland is selling more than 200 engagement rings across Suffolk for – yes you guessed it – £1.
Especially for Valentine’s Day the discount store has launched a range of “stand-by” engagement rings.
Poundland says the budget buys should be used as ‘placeholders’ in anticipation of the real thing so that people can choose their own ring.
The rings, which are sold in Poundland’s Valentine’s Day section, come in four different styles and a range of sizes and are so far proving popular in Suffolk.
Manager of the Sudbury Retail Poundland store, Philip Stewart, said: “We originally had around 90 rings and now there’s only 24 left.
“They have been really popular this week and we are still expecting more deliveries.”
The store in Ipswich Sailmakers has 30 rings on the shelves, Ipswich Carr Street has 40, and Martlesham Retail Park counted 43.
- 1 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 2 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze
- 3 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 4 Firefighters tackle large blaze near Suffolk recycling centre
- 5 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
- 6 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 7 Suffolk letting agent admits swindling customers out of £80,000
- 8 Road closed as emergency services called to single-vehicle crash
- 9 Fire crews extinguish large playing field fire in Suffolk village
- 10 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
Meanwhile, the Diss branch has 30 engagement rings in total and Haverhill 39.
Currently, there are more than 200 rings available in the county, with daily deliveries to top up stock.
The rings are made with cubic zirconia with fake gemstones so if it’s diamonds you want you’re in for a disappointment.
So would you be happy with one of these £1 rings?
Share your thoughts in the comments below.