If you like it then you can put a £1 ‘bling ring’ on it
- Credit: The Poundland 'Bling Ring' range includes gold and silver rings with red or blue stones. Picture: SOPHIE BARNETT
If you’re planning to pop the question this Valentine’s Day but are strapped for cash Poundland is selling more than 200 engagement rings across Suffolk for – yes you guessed it – £1.
Especially for Valentine’s Day the discount store has launched a range of “stand-by” engagement rings.
Poundland says the budget buys should be used as ‘placeholders’ in anticipation of the real thing so that people can choose their own ring.
The rings, which are sold in Poundland’s Valentine’s Day section, come in four different styles and a range of sizes and are so far proving popular in Suffolk.
Manager of the Sudbury Retail Poundland store, Philip Stewart, said: “We originally had around 90 rings and now there’s only 24 left.
You may also want to watch:
“They have been really popular this week and we are still expecting more deliveries.”
The store in Ipswich Sailmakers has 30 rings on the shelves, Ipswich Carr Street has 40, and Martlesham Retail Park counted 43.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 5 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 6 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 8 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket
Meanwhile, the Diss branch has 30 engagement rings in total and Haverhill 39.
Currently, there are more than 200 rings available in the county, with daily deliveries to top up stock.
The rings are made with cubic zirconia with fake gemstones so if it’s diamonds you want you’re in for a disappointment.
So would you be happy with one of these £1 rings?
Share your thoughts in the comments below.