Power cut hits more than 200 homes after stormy weather
- Credit: PA
More than 200 homes in and around Stowmarket have been left without power this morning following problems with an overhead electricity line fault.
A Met Office yellow-level warning came into force at 9pm last night, which will remain in place until 3pm this afternoon.
UK Power Networks is currently investigating a power cut affecting some homes in the IP1, IP6, IP9 and IP14 areas.
Engineers have arrived on the scene to fix the fault.
"Specialist engineers are also working to divert power remotely, and this can cause your lights to go on and off," said UK Power Networks on its website.
"We'll update you with all of our progress but if you need to speak to us, call our team on 0800 3163105 any time."
You may also want to watch:
Around 80 properties have since been reconnected.
UK Power Networks hopes to have the fault fixed by between 7.30am and 8.30am.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
We were investigating a high voltage overhead electricity line fault which caused a power cut in the local area.