Power cuts in Stoke Park area of Ipswich
IPSWICH: Over 2,000 homes in the Stoke Park area of Ipswich experienced a power cut today.
A total of 2,353 properties in the area lost power due to a fault on an underground electricity cable just after 5pm.
Some homes experienced a number of power cuts within a short period as engineers worked to restore supplies.
A spokesman for EDF Energy said: “EDF Energy Networks engineers worked as quickly and as safely as possible to restore supplies, with more than 500 customers having power again within a few minutes and all bar two customers back on supply, in groups, by 8.06pm.
“The final two customers are unoccupied commercial premises but our engineers are still working to ensure they have power swiftly.
You may also want to watch:
“We appreciate how difficult it can be to lose power and would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused by this incident.”
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 6 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car