Power restored after seven people lose electricity near Ixworth Road in Stowlangtoft following car crash
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A car collided with a telegraph pole and caused power wires to fall into the road in west Suffolk.
Firefighters temporarily shut off Ixworth Road in Stowlangtoft due to reports of smoke coming from the Vauxhall Corsa.
UK Power Networks said seven people had experienced power cuts due to the collision, which happened around 9.15am.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said the male driver was not injured.
A UK Power Networks spokeswoman said: “Following a vehicle collision with one of our electricity poles at around 9.15am this morning in the Ixworth Road area of Stowlangtoft, seven customers would have seen an interruption to their power supply.
You may also want to watch:
The road was reopened at 11.07am. Power was restored to all seven customers at 3.15pm.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 7 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 8 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 9 Publican 'bitterly disappointed' as holiday home plans refused
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn