Pre-school launches fundraising bid
A FUNDRAISING campaign has been launched to raise up to £100,000 to create a new home for the Debenham Roundabout Pre-School.The group's current temporary premises in the grounds of the community's primary school are not expected to last another winter.
By John Howard
A FUNDRAISING campaign has been launched to raise up to £100,000 to create a new home for the Debenham Roundabout Pre-School.
The group's current temporary premises in the grounds of the community's primary school are not expected to last another winter.
Lynne Burley, from the pre-school's new build committee, said: “As we are sited perfectly at Sir Robert Hitcham Primary School, we want to stay there.
You may also want to watch:
“A brick build would cost too much and take too long, bearing in mind the longest we can be closed is the summer holidays of seven weeks.
“Therefore we have decided on a log cabin and all we need are the funds to buy and erect it. Realistically we need between £90,000 and £100,000. We have been energetically fundraising and have reached nearly £20,000, but if we are to have our new cabin this summer a lot more needs to be done.”
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 5 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
The committee is holding a duck race at 2pm on Sunday starting at the school bridge and finishing at the ford in Water Lane.
There are also a range of fundraising activities in the coming months, including a fashion show at Debenham Community Centre on April 27 from 6pm and a car boot sale on bank holiday Monday, May 28, at 10am outside Debenham Leisure Centre.