Revealed: Chimichanga restaurants in Ipswich and Braintree and 94 Prezzo branches to close
- Credit: Archant
TexMex chain Chimichanga diners in Essex and Suffolk will close, it has been revealed.
The branches in Cardinal Park, Ipswich, and Braintree are among all 33 outlets in the Chimichanga chain to close.
It is part of a plan by Italian restaurant chain Prezzo to close about a third of its outlets in an attempt to rescue the business.
The chain, which is owned by private equity firm TPG Capital, employs around 4,500 people.
Prezzo is closing 94 restaurants, including all 33 of its Chimichanga chain.
You may also want to watch:
The future of the firm’s restaurants in Ipswich, Woodbridge, Felixstowe, Sudbury, Aldeburgh, Bury St Edmunds, Haverhill, Beccles, Newmarket, Colchester, Halstead, Braintree and Witham is not yet clear.
The closures aim to repair Prezzo’s financial position and allow it to continue trading.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 5 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 6 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 7 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 8 North Stander: Norwich will be back in Championship - can we join them?
- 9 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 10 Five floating restaurants to visit in Suffolk
Prezzo has entered Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) which will allow it to cut some of its debts and enable it to continue trading.
The retail market has suffered this week with Toys R Us and electronics chain Maplin both entering administration this week.