Prince George pictured by his proud mum on his first day at a Norfolk nursery
- Credit: PA
It is a proud moment for any mum and one that is often chronicled for the family archives.
And today the Duchess of Cambridge did just that as she photographed her eldest, Prince George, as he set off for his first day at nursery in neighbouring Norfolk.
William and Kate took their son to the Westacre Montessori School nursery, near the royal couple’s Norfolk home, Anmer Hall today for the first day of his educational career.
Two pictures taken by the Duchess of her two-year-old have been released to mark the occasion and they show the toddler prince near a large, colourful mural, wearing a winter coat with a small rucksack on his back.
George will attend the nursery while the couple are staying at their Norfolk home but not when they are in residence at Kensington Palace in London.
You may also want to watch:
Montessori is an approach to educating children developed by the Italian educator Maria Montessori.
It is founded on the belief that within each person is untapped potential that needs a fertile environment and it aims to develop the whole child naturally, with the period from birth to age six seen as when children have the greatest capacity to learn.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors