Public lavatory fire started by flaming toilet roll
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Police are looking for an arsonist who caused damage to a public convenience by setting light to a toilet roll.
The public toilets at Dinsdale Road, in Leiston, were left smoke damaged following the blaze on Thursday, August 20.
Firefighters were called to extinguish flames in the gents toilet at about 12.50pm.
Officers want to trace two men seen walking from toilets just before to the fire service arrived. One went towards Buller Road and the other headed towards Main Street.
Police also want to speak to anyone walking past the toilets at about 12.30pm-12.50pm who saw anything that may help inquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Contact the Leiston and Aldeburgh safer neighbourhood team on 101.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?