Pub to cook 50 Christmas Day lunches for people in need
- Credit: The Queen's Head
A pub is to cook 50 Christmas Day lunches for those who find themselves in need at yuletide.
The Queen's Head pub, in West Bergholt, said it had "jumped at the chance to help anyone who finds themselves in need over the Christmas period", after nearby resident Laurianne Mayhew volunteered to cook the meals.
The lunches will be free of charge and cooked in the pub kitchen for collection or delivery - with West Bergholt Football Club and Perrins Butchers, as well as the pub’s suppliers, all chipping in to help.
Pub owner Lisa Adams said: "Obviously, it’s been a difficult year, and we’re hoping to help out anyone who’s elderly, lonely, in need of a rest, or could just do with a helping hand.
"I’d like to thank all our suppliers and everyone for their kindness and assistance in making this happen.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Mayhew said: “It was an easy decision for me to help out, and I’m hoping that I can bring a smile to a few peoples faces this Christmas.
"Christmas is everyone’s favourite time of the year and the thought of people going hungry on Christmas Day just doesn’t sit right with me.”
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 7 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 8 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 9 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
Lunches need to be pre-booked, and anyone who wishes to take part or find out more should call 01206 240394.