Pub to cook 50 Christmas Day lunches for people in need
- Credit: The Queen's Head
A pub is to cook 50 Christmas Day lunches for those who find themselves in need at yuletide.
The Queen's Head pub, in West Bergholt, said it had "jumped at the chance to help anyone who finds themselves in need over the Christmas period", after nearby resident Laurianne Mayhew volunteered to cook the meals.
The lunches will be free of charge and cooked in the pub kitchen for collection or delivery - with West Bergholt Football Club and Perrins Butchers, as well as the pub’s suppliers, all chipping in to help.
Pub owner Lisa Adams said: "Obviously, it’s been a difficult year, and we’re hoping to help out anyone who’s elderly, lonely, in need of a rest, or could just do with a helping hand.
"I’d like to thank all our suppliers and everyone for their kindness and assistance in making this happen.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Mayhew said: “It was an easy decision for me to help out, and I’m hoping that I can bring a smile to a few peoples faces this Christmas.
"Christmas is everyone’s favourite time of the year and the thought of people going hungry on Christmas Day just doesn’t sit right with me.”
- 1 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 2 Ipswich Town 'disappointed' at newspaper stance - Evans stands by Lambert
- 3 COMMENT: Paul Lambert's record at Ipswich Town is not good enough - it's time for change
- 4 Closure of Debenhams stores in Suffolk and north Essex confirmed
- 5 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
- 6 'I don't agree... I'm doing what's best for my career' - new signing Thomas responds to Ismael's 'unprofessional' accusations
- 7 Critical care full and nearly 700 patients fighting Covid in hospital
- 8 These are the neighbourhoods in Suffolk where Covid rates are still rising
- 9 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 10 More than 1,700 Covid patients now discharged from hospitals
Lunches need to be pre-booked, and anyone who wishes to take part or find out more should call 01206 240394.