Wizardry and Quidditch sampled at care home’s Hogwarts day
- Credit: BARKING HALL
A Suffolk nursing home near Needham Market underwent a magical transformation for a Harry Potter-themed day of fun.
Staff and residents at Barking Hall dressed up in their best witches and wizards costumes as the home became a Quidditch pitch for the afternoon.
The day was held as part of the home’s regular social activities programme, which also includes seaside trips and horse racing nights.
Healthcare Homes CEO Gordon Cochrane paid a flying visit to the home, saying: “It’s really great to see the lighter, fun side of the activities that take place in homes.
“The staff and the residents all seemed to be having such a great time. There was a fantastic atmosphere.”
You may also want to watch:
Sue Oates, manager of Barking Hall added: “Well done to our activities team for creating such a fun-themed day for everyone here at the home.
“We all really enjoyed the games and there was much laughter for all involved.”
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 4 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 5 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 7 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 8 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 9 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 10 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence