Security alert at RAF Mildenhall after reports of ‘active shooter’
- Credit: Archant
RAF Mildenhall was temporarily put on lockdown this evening after reports of an active shooter.
A security sweep was carried out shortly after 5pm following the reports but nothing was found.
The lockdown was lifted an hour later the base confirmed in a statement.
Col. Troy Pananon, 100th Air Refueling Wing commander, said: "Our team responded immediately and professionally to the situation.
"Even though no threat was identified, they demonstrated their readiness to carry out their duties as defenders and first responders."
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk police were not involved in dealing with the report.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 3 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 6 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 9 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses
- 10 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast