Rail services disrupted after person hit
TRAIN services between Norwich and London Liverpool Street are being delayed this afternoon after reports that a person has been hit by a train.
RAIL services between Norwich and London Liverpool Street were running behind time today after a Network Rail worker was struck by a train.
National Express East Anglia has confirmed it will be running a full peak service this evening after “residual delays” of up to an hour affected customers today as they travelled to and from London.
The incident occurred at just after 10.30am on the tracks at Stratford and a full investigation has now been launched.
You may also want to watch:
A Network Rail spokesman said: “At 10:38am a Network Rail maintenance worker in Stratford was stuck by the 10:32am Liverpool Street to Shenfield service.
“Services in and out of Liverpool Street were suspended for approximately 45 minutes whilst emergency services attended the scene.
- 1 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 2 Matchday Live: Live updates as Town take on Cambridge
- 3 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 4 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 5 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
“During this time the worker received medical treatment and was taken to hospital with non life threatening injuries.
“Services resumed at 12:30pm, but passengers experienced some flow-on delays. Full services were restored by mid afternoon.”
He added: “Network Rail has launched a full investigation into this incident.”
A spokeswoman for National Express East Anglia said the 2pm service from Norwich to London Liverpool Street was the last train to be running behind time and missed out stops at Mannigtree, Colchester and Shenfield.