Will we finally see some showers today?
It’s been a remarkably fine and dry summer across our region, but many of us are longing for some typical English showers. Will today be the day?
It is set to be another very warm day across East Anglia, with highs of 28C and plenty of sunny spells pleasing many who are heading to Jimmy’s Festival this morning.
However not everybody is enjoying the dry spell – and for some, the day may well be improved by a scattering of isolated showers.
According to forecasters at the Met Office, Saturday will start off dry for a time with variable amounts of cloud, before sharp showers develop into the afternoon.
While most parts of the East will bake in the Mediterranean-style heat once again, things will be cooler along the coast – with sea-breezes developing.
You may also want to watch:
As we move into the evening, any isolated showers will fade away and patchy mist and fog could begin to develop overnight.
We are less likely to see rain tomorrow, as things are looking to be even warmer, with highs of 28C. And while forecasters warn it will feel “increasingly humid”, it is not until Wednesday next week that we may see some heavy and thundery showers develop.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 5 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 6 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 7 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 8 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 10 Mega theme park plans 'could add to Essex traffic problems'