Rain won’t dampen spirits at final day of Bury St Edmunds Christmas Fayre
- Credit: Archant
Organisers behind one of Suffolk’s largest annual events, Bury St Edmunds’ Christmas fayre, are hoping today’s drizzly weather won’t dampen spirits on the last day of the event.
According to forecasters Weatherquest, the day will remain cloudy, and whilst the rain will subside this morning it is set to return in the mid-late afternoon.
Strong winds could also make it feel chilly, however temperatures are mild for late November at 10-11 degrees Celsius (50-51.8 degrees Fahrenheit).
This year’s fayre is expected to be the biggest yet, with more than 300 stalls on offer as well as live performances and entertainment.
By the end of the event, more than 120,000 are expected to have passed through the gates.
You may also want to watch:
Free parking will again be available today at West Suffolk College on Out Risbygate and the Olding Road car parks. These will be well signed from all major routes, and a Park and Ride service will run from Saxham Business Park, just off the A14 near Risby.
In addition to the St Edmundsbury Borough Council short and long stay car parks, three other car parks are being opened up to the public.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 5 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 6 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 8 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 9 Hospital waives car parking charges for 'those who need it most'
- 10 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
Greene King, Cullam Road, Saturday and Sunday only, £5 all day.
Rugby Club, The Haberden, Southgate Green, Saturday only, £5 all day.
The Priory School, Mount Road, Saturday and Sunday only, £5 all day, £3 afternoon. All proceeds to the school.
Visitors are being encouraged to cycle in and arrive by train where possible. The Buttermarket Shopping Centre, in Bury, will be available for free secure bike storage, with a complimentary bike check.
Have you visited the fayre this year? Send us your photos, videos and thoughts on this year’s event to email@example.com or Tweet us using #BuryXmasFayre