Raising Commonwealth Day flag in Tendring
- Credit: Archant
Residents in Tendring are being invited to mark Commonwealth Day at a flag-raising ceremony.
The flag will be hoisted high on Monday at 10am, outside Clacton Town Hall in Station Road.
It will be one of hundreds going up in more than 40 countries across the Commonwealth on the day.
A specially-written affirmation will be read out by Tendring District Council vice-chairman Karen Yallop.
“I welcome all those across Tendring who would like to come along and mark this special occasion to join us outside Clacton Town Hall on March 12,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
This is the fifth year that local authorities and civic dignitaries, community groups and charities in the UK will be taking part in local flag-raising events.The ceremony gives people the chance to share in a public expression of commitment to the Commonwealth and the values it stands for.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years