Raising Commonwealth Day flag in Tendring
- Credit: Archant
Residents in Tendring are being invited to mark Commonwealth Day at a flag-raising ceremony.
The flag will be hoisted high on Monday at 10am, outside Clacton Town Hall in Station Road.
It will be one of hundreds going up in more than 40 countries across the Commonwealth on the day.
A specially-written affirmation will be read out by Tendring District Council vice-chairman Karen Yallop.
“I welcome all those across Tendring who would like to come along and mark this special occasion to join us outside Clacton Town Hall on March 12,” she said.
This is the fifth year that local authorities and civic dignitaries, community groups and charities in the UK will be taking part in local flag-raising events.The ceremony gives people the chance to share in a public expression of commitment to the Commonwealth and the values it stands for.
- 1 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 4 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 5 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 6 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 7 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 9 Ashton on whether a new boss is lined up, the type of manager he's searching for, possible reunions and Town's timeframe for an appointment
- 10 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia