Rambo knife, drug paraphernalia and cash seized by police near Firstsite in Colchester
- Credit: Archant
Police seized large knives – including a Rambo knife – drugs paraphernalia and cash after finding the items near Firstsite in Colchester.
Essex Police approached a group of around 20 people congregating in Lewis Gardens at around 6.50pm on Tuesday.
They ran off and officers found paraphernalia and cash on the floor.
Officers arrested a 18-year-old man from Colchester on suspicion of possessing an offensive weapon following the discovery.
He was later released without charge.
You may also want to watch:
While he was being detained, the rest of the group ran from the scene.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: “We take a zero tolerance approach to the carrying of knives and every weapon take off the streets is one less weapon that can fall into the wrong hands.
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 5 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 6 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 7 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 8 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 9 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 10 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
“These weapons will now be destroyed.”
Anyone with information about the incident should call police on 101.