Five arrested as Range Rover, Audi and Mercedes seized in drug raids
- Credit: Archant
Five people have been arrested in a series of raids carried out by police investigating drugs offences in Suffolk and Essex.
Range Rover, Audi and Mercedes vehicles were also seized by police as they carried out warrants issued for five addresses in Ipswich, one in Melton, near Woodbridge, and one in Essex on Wednesday.
Following the raids, four men, aged 27, 29, 29, and 31, were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to supply class A and B drugs and money laundering and taken to Martlesham police investigation centre for questioning, where they remain.
A 29-year-old woman was arrested at the Melton address on suspicion of possession with intent to supply.
She was taken to Martlesham police investigation centre and released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Three vehicles - a Range Rover, Audi and Mercedes - around £65,000 in cash, a quantity of suspected class A drugs and a large amount of cannabis were all seized in the raids.
Officers from Suffolk’s Serious Crime and Disruption Team, Op Sentinel team and Op Scorpion teams were involved in the arrests.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 3 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 4 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 6 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 7 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 8 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 9 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week
- 10 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight