Recipe: Toad in the pudding
- Credit: Archant
Alastair Butler from Blytburgh Pork recommends this pork-based recipe from www.lovepork.co.uk
Ingredients (serves five)
454g (1lb) pork chipolata sausages
6 thick slices bread, hand cut
Softened butter for buttering
You may also want to watch:
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
4 eggs, lightly beaten
450ml (¾pt) milk
(2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
1tsp wholegrain mustard
Preheat your oven to Gas Mark 4, 180ºC, 350ºF.
Lightly butter each slice of bread and cut the slice in half diagonally.
Stack/place pieces of bread into a large shallow (lasagne style) ovenproof dish.
Place sausages in between the bread slices.
Scatter with onion slices and garlic.
In a large jug mix together the eggs, milk, chives and mustards. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread slices.
Place in preheated oven for about 30 minutes until the eggy bottom is fluffy and set, and the top crust bread slices are crispy and golden. Serve with seasonal vegetables or baked beans.