Recipe: Toad in the pudding
- Credit: Archant
Alastair Butler from Blytburgh Pork recommends this pork-based recipe from www.lovepork.co.uk
Ingredients (serves five)
454g (1lb) pork chipolata sausages
6 thick slices bread, hand cut
Softened butter for buttering
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 McKenna on Hladky and Bakinson futures
- 2 Controversial statue on Stowmarket roundabout gets green light
- 3 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 4 5 of the prettiest villages in Suffolk
- 5 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 6 'Let's turn this into a fortress' - Town season ticket sales hit 16k
- 7 Mike Bacon: A perfect start to hopefully a perfect season
- 8 Greater Anglia warns of further severe disruptions as more strikes planned
- 9 Plans for second village school scrapped in favour of bigger site
- 10 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers should be aware of this week
4 eggs, lightly beaten
450ml (¾pt) milk
(2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
1tsp wholegrain mustard
Preheat your oven to Gas Mark 4, 180ºC, 350ºF.
Lightly butter each slice of bread and cut the slice in half diagonally.
Stack/place pieces of bread into a large shallow (lasagne style) ovenproof dish.
Place sausages in between the bread slices.
Scatter with onion slices and garlic.
In a large jug mix together the eggs, milk, chives and mustards. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread slices.
Place in preheated oven for about 30 minutes until the eggy bottom is fluffy and set, and the top crust bread slices are crispy and golden. Serve with seasonal vegetables or baked beans.