Regis Crepy’s Great House restaurant in Lavenham awarded prestigious three Rosette rating
- Credit: Gregg Brown
An award-winning Suffolk restaurant has officially been recognised as one of the best in the country.
The Great House, in Lavenham, is one of 20 nationwide to be awarded three AA Rosettes for being “outstanding” and “demanding recognition well beyond their local area”.
Often referred to as the restaurant industry’s ‘Oscars’, the Rosettes are recognised as the AA’s most prestigious awards.
The three Rosette rating puts The Great House in the top 8% of the UKs finest restaurants for criteria including quality of ingredients, flavour combinations, intelligent service and a well-chosen wine list.
Chef and restaurateur Regis Crepy and his wife Martine have owned the 14th century restaurant in Lavenham’s Market Place for 30 years and have won an award every year since they started out in 1985.
You may also want to watch:
Up to 500 customers sample the cuisine each week, which is based on classic French cooking with a contemporary twist.
Mr Crepy said constantly striving for perfection and having a committed team was the key to success.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 3 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 4 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 5 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 6 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 7 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 8 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 9 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
He added: “People’s expectations are high when they come in and so we strive for perfection all of the time.
“Although we have won many awards over the years, every day my team and I still ask ourselves what we can do to improve.
“This year we have been celebrating 30 years at The Great House. Obtaining three AA Rosettes is a fantastic and incredible honour which has cemented what we have achieved over the years and has consolidated our reputation – it really is the icing on the cake.”
Mr Crepy said he was “extremely proud” of his loyal staff and pleased that their dedication had been acknowledged. The Rosettes were announced at the AA Hospitality Awards held at the Grosvenor House Hotel, London on Monday night.