Rendlesham After School Club rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted
- Credit: Archant
Inspirational leadership has helped an after-school club near Woodbridge achieve an ‘outstanding’ Ofsted rating.
Rendlesham After School Club, based at Rendlesham Primary School, was given the top grade in all three sub-categories of leadership, teaching, and behaviour.
Inspector Jemma Hudson wrote: “Leadership is inspirational. Staff share the leaders’ vision, they are self-motivated in promoting high-quality care and learning.
“Children’s emotional well-being is exceedingly well supported. An extremely strong and effective partnership with the school helps to fully support all children to meet their care and welfare needs consistently.
“Staff are highly knowledgeable about how young children learn. Children relish the interesting and exciting experiences on offer. The whole environment is stimulating and the activities capture children’s natural curiosity.
“Parents are very complimentary about the club. There is excellent communication between staff and parents. For instance, staff form strong relationships with families and exchange important information with parents on a daily basis to meet children’s individual needs.
You may also want to watch:
“Children’s behaviour is exemplary. Staff are extremely effective in helping children understand how to behave. Children listen to staff and each other. They get on very well with other children and play cooperatively.”
Manager Joanne Dervish said: “We are so pleased to get the result that our hard work deserves. We have a fantastic team here and have been well supported by Rendlesham Day Nursery, the parents and local community.”
- 1 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 5 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 6 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 7 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 8 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 9 Teacher denies sexually assaulting two girls
- 10 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
The after-school club, established in 2008, is open weekdays from 7.50am-8.50am and 3.20pm- 6pm during term-time. It has capacity for 24 pupils aged four to 11.