Podcast producer looking for leads on Rendlesham Forest 'UFO incident'
- Credit: Archant
The producer of a new podcast about the Rendlesham Forest UFO incident in December 1980 is appealing for people who lived in the area at the time to get in touch and share their stories.
A team from AV Club Productions is currently working hard pulling together evidence ahead of the recording, which is expected to be available on all major podcast channels from spring 2022.
The podcast will look at a series of reported sightings of a UFO close to Rendlesham Forest - the first sighting was made on December, 26, 1980, with more recorded in the days afterwards.
Donna Mackay-Smith, producer at AV Club Productions, said "We are essentially navigating how to approach it (the podcast) at the moment."
Describing what made the incident a tempting story to research, she said: "The fact that it is UK-based makes it interesting because you hear a lot of these stories and lot of them are American and international.
"There is a lot about the story that is really interesting, the fact that it evolved over two or numerous nights and the fact that there were multiple witnesses.
"Given the stature of those witnesses as well, these were high ranking officials who claim or allege to have seen something."
She added: "Normally when it happens it is a singular event or sighting by one person on their own but the fact is there is so much detail is really interesting and there is a lot to unpick - that makes a good story."
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 4 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
The team behind the podcast has already spoken to three first-hand witnesses with Miss Mackay-Smith saying she is keen to interview "some of the major players in the story".
She added: "As you might expect some witnesses are willing to speak and some aren't."
More than 40 years on from the famous incident, the production team is finding it challenging to get in touch with the older generation that may have seen something unusual in December 1980.
If you lived in Rendlesham at the time of the incident, or know someone who did, you can get in touch with team producing the podcast by emailing - email@example.com.