Residents back home after evacuation
MOST residents, who were evacuated in Stowupland following a fire drama, have now been allowed back into their properties.
RESIDENTS who were evacuated in Stowupland following a fire drama were allowed back into their properties yesterday afternoon..
Up to 80 households in Stowupland were evacuated on Thursday night after firefighters discovered a highly explosive cylinder while they were tackling a garage fire in Hornbeam Road at 5.30pm.
A major incident was declared and a 200-metre cordon was put around the property to protect people from a possible blast.
Up to 20 people slept on inflatable mattresses in a nearby village hall after a highly explosive acetylene cylinder was damaged in a garage fire and others.
You may also want to watch:
All residents were allowed to return once the cylinders were removed.
- 1 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 6 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 9 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 10 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge