Residents escape house fire in Stowupland

Essex fire crews were called to the explosion

Essex fire crews were called to the explosion - Credit: Archant

Residents at a house in Highfield Road, Stowupland, escaped after a fire broke out.

Fire crews from Suffolk Fire and Rescue and officers from Suffolk police were called at around 7.05pm, to a report of a house fire with people trapped inside.

On arrival, officers found that no-one was trapped inside and all three people were accounted for.

Crews from Stowupland and Needham Market attended to find a grill pan fire in the kitchen, which was quickly dealt with.

One person was treated for smoke inhalation, with fire crews ventilating the semi-detached house to clear all the remaining smoke.

Police officers are working alongside firefighters to establish the cause of the incident.

Earlier on this evening at 5.36pm, fire crews were called to School Road in Knodishall.

Most Read

Crews from Leiston attended to find a chimney fire, and used a hose reel to extinguish the flames by 7.22pm.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter