Retail & leisure development proposals for Tollgate include cinema – and could be complete by 2018
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people flocked to see proposals for a multi-million pound development,including a cinema, at Stanway.
Tollgate Partnership Ltd (TPL) has unveiled more details and an artist’s impression of how the Tollgate Village retail and leisure space could look.
The land to be developed includes the former Sainsbury’s site and land opposite Curry’s/PC World.
The proposals include shops, restaurants, cinema, indoor play centre and multi-storey car park.
TPL directors said they were delighted by the support given by people during two consultation events.
Daniel Watts, director, said: “There was a real buzz throughout our two-day public exhibition and we have gathered valuable feedback to inform our application for outline planning permission which will be submitted to Colchester Borough Council early in the new year.
You may also want to watch:
“We are a local, family-run business so we were determined to find out what the residents of Stanway and the wider borough of Colchester thought of our vision to create an environment where people can work, shop, meet and relax.”
Jayne Gee, fellow director, added: “It was clear that the hundreds of people who visited our event valued the chance to see our vision for the area and to quiz experts on every aspect of the Tollgate Village proposals.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 3 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 4 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 5 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 6 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 7 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 8 Snape Maltings launches two new restaurants with far-reaching river views
- 9 Historic East Anglian sailing barge to become floating bakery
- 10 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
“We were keen to get as many opinions as possible, but we never expected so many people to take time out from their Christmas shopping.
“Daniel and I would like to thank everyone who attended the event and hope that it was both informative and useful to those who came. We are pleased with the amount of feedback so far, but it is not too late to offer comments which will all be considered before we submit our application for outline planning permission.”
TPL estimates the development could create more than 1,000 jobs and bring £13.7million to the local economy if given the go-ahead.
If all goes to plan TPL hopes the site will be completed by the end of 2018.
Further comments can be made at the Tollgate Village `website.