River death man was from Ipswich
POLICE today confirmed the body of a man found in an Ipswich river had been living at an address in the town prior to his death.Officers investigating the discovery of the man's body have identified him but were today still trying to trace his next of kin.
POLICE today confirmed the body of a man found in an Ipswich river had been living at an address in the town prior to his death.
Officers investigating the discovery of the man's body have identified him but were today still trying to trace his next of kin.
The man, believed to be aged in his early 60s, was found by a builder shortly before 4pm on Thursday in the River Gipping near West End Road.
A post-mortem examination carried out yesterday failed to establish a cause of death but police said it revealed no suspicious circumstances. More tests were set to be carried out.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said an inquest would be held in due course and no further information - including the man's name - would be released until that took place.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 8 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 9 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 10 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing