River rescue: woman spotted under bridge
A WOMAN was taken to hospital after she was rescued from the river under Stoke Bridge in Ipswich today.
Police took several calls at around 4.25pm from people who had spotted a woman wandering along the water’s edge under the bridge.
Officers were joined by firefighters, paramedics and the coastguard at the scene.
Police said the woman entered the water when emergency services arrived and was thrown a life aid by rescuers.
The woman, aged around 35, was pulled safely from the water and taken to Ipswich Hospital for checks.
You may also want to watch:
Bridge Street was partially blocked southbound for around half an hour as the incident unfolded.
- 1 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 4 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 5 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 6 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 9 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 10 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL