Crash between two cars closes road in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
A key road in a Suffolk town was closed while emergency services dealt with a crash.
The two-car collision happened in Compiegne Way, Bury St Edmunds around 4pm today.
The road was shut between the Northgate Street roundabout and the Tesco roundabout.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service sent three crews – two from Bury St Edmunds and one from Ixworth – to the scene.
The brigade used social media to urge people to avoid the area.
You may also want to watch:
Police also attended.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said no-one was seriously injured during the incident.
- 1 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 2 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 3 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 6 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
Recovery was arranged for the vehicles.