Sports car driver fights for life after Jaguar collides with BMW on Lavenham road
- Credit: Archant
A man was airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following a collision near Sudbury.
The crash happened on the A1141, just outside Lavenham, at about 11.30am on Monday.
Emergency services, including the police and ambulance service, were called to the scene on the outskirts of the village.
The A1141 between Lavenham and Thorpe Morieux was closed to allow a crash investigation to take place.
A road closure was put in place between Preston Road and the junction of Frogs Hall Road, with traffic diverted through Lavenham.
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said the crash involved a grey Jaguar F-Type and a blue BMW 740LE.
The male driver of the Jaguar sustained serious injuries and was taken by air ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 6 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
- 10 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
A volunteer critical care team from the Suffolk Accident Rescue Service (SARS) charity was mobilised to attend the collision.
Also at the scene were crews from Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service.
A SARS spokesman said: “A male patient, thought to be in his sixties, was assessed by the SARS team for multiple serious and life-threatening injuries.
“The SARS team made several advanced interventions before the patient was later air-lifted to hospital by the East Anglian Air Ambulance.”
The occupant of the other vehicle was not believed to have suffered serious injuries.
Witnesses, or anybody with any information regarding the collision, should call the serious collision investigation team on 101 quoting reference CAD 145 of Monday’s date.